9. september 2010

My top beautiful scenes from films

+ THE DIVING BELL AND THE BUTTERFLY (2007)
by Julian Schnabel



The Diving Bell and the Butterfly is my favourite film, I think, and the scene when JeanDo, the protagonist shaves his father is one of the most memorable scenes I've ever seen. The whole film is infact a series of beautiful scenes and pictures after each other, but that particular scene takes the cake.


+ ROMEO & JULIET (1996)
by Baz Luhrman



Okay, okay, yes, I know. Soppy Shakespeare and Leo DiCaprio, but the scene when Romeo and Juliet first meet through the aquarium dividing the bathrooms is incredibly pretty, the whole sequence set to the song by Desiree is especially pretty.
Come on bro. Don't hate me; I am a girl, after all.

+ THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY (1995)
by Clint Eastwood



Another soppy love story, but the scene in the film when Francesca sees Kincaid for the last time when she and her husband are in the car behind in one of the most heartrendering scenes I've ever experienced. Waiting at the red light which seems to last forever in the rain, her wanting to jump out of the car to be with him, but instead going their separate ways at the junction really made me bawl.

+ ACROSS THE UNIVERSE (2007)
by Julie Taymor



I know I'm full of cliches today, but I felt I had to mention Across the Universe because when it first came out, I was in love with it. Especially the scenes revolving about the songs Because (see above), Girl and A Little Help From my Friends. At the time, I felt that those scenes was how life was supposed to be. Loved it, loved it, loved it!


+ DELICATESSEN (1991)
by Marc Caro, Jean-Pierre Jeunet



I just loved the scene in Delicatessen when they play the cello and the saw together. That being said, the whole film is put together in a very beautiful way. That (!) being said, all of JP Jeunet's films are remarkably beautifully done. An absolute genius, in my opinion.



I seem to have come to the end of my tether of inspiration right now. An update would be most welcome, I suppose. Another thing that would be very welcome is suggestions! YAY SUGGESTIONS!

1 kommentar:

Thomas og HJ sa...

David Della Rocco, Boondock Saints:
"I'll catch you on the flipsiiide."
Sekunder senere - sykt rabalder!

Fantastisk scene. Fryktinngytende morsom.

POTENSIELL SPOILER FØLGER!!!

(Og selvsagt når han skyter katten.)